Playing around with colours to get the right mood for our attic.
Testing the idea of having a rope barrier for outside the club. Although we loved the visual appeal this prop brought to the scene and it’s ability to convey the story of the scene easily, it was too problematic for the animation of our characters.
We spent a lot of time fixing our lighting for this final edit of “Fitting In”. The box lights caused a lot of problems both times we were working on the animation, however, we came to a happy medium with a simpler area light which we believe suits the cute, childish and somewhat nostalgic feel of the short film.
There was a lot of noise around the lights and on our characters in our previous version of our animation, so we took extra care to fix this as best we could by using less lights and changing our Camera AA, diffuse and glossy settings. We wanted the scene to look as pretty as possible without upping our rendering time too much.
Credit to Yazz for this cute blooper style still. I’ve just popped this one in cause it was a cute credit still we were thinking of using 🙂